(as of Mar 02,2021 21:16:34 UTC – Details)
Detailed design recommendations for small, mid-sized and large stationary or mobile houseboats are included throughout the book, as well as equations and guidelines, so that you can alter the designs according to your individual needs – or even create your own unique concept.
In 340 pages, with over 450 detailed diagrams, illustrations, photos and equations, you will learn everything you need to know about designing and building a houseboat, including topics such as:
- Investment and running costs
- Hull designs, materials, buoyancy and heeling stability
- Superstructure incl. structural and insulation calculations
- Floor plans
- Electricity incl. energy demand calculations
- Fresh water incl. design of a watermaker
- Waste water
- Heating solutions based on calculated heat losses
- Propulsion and steering
- Control and diagnostic requirements
- Safety requirements and features
- Maintenance and inspection
- Legal framework around houseboats and moorings
- Project management incl. budgeting, scheduling and tendering
- Construction site and management
- Environmental considerations and zero-emission houseboat
- How to use and apply complex equations
- Tips and lessons learned over 14 years in the industry
Huebbe introduces all your options with regards to design, parts, materials and equipment, the advantages and disadvantages of each, as well as how to choose or calculate the most suitable solution for your project.
This book is a comprehensive and detailed source of technical knowledge for anyone interested in houseboats. Whether you want to learn more about them, plan to build or buy one, or even if you own a houseboat already, this book provides an invaluable insight into the amazing world of floating living spaces.